Sunday, February 21, 2016

research blog 3

Privatization could connect in a few ways to my research topic.  My topic is about the history of fraternities and how drinking on campus has effected their relationship with the college it is in.  Armstrong and Hamilton's Paying for the Party comes to mind when I was thinking about what readings would be a good connection to this topic.  In this reading, they discuss how the "party pathway" has grown in college and how students must chose between this path or the scholarly path.  I think this is a good connection because Fraternities and Sororities are basically a bridge to the party pathway.  The perception of Greek Life is basically how people think all members just drink and party, meanwhile this is not the case.  I have first hand experience in seeing members of fraternities give back to the community and succeed in academics.


No comments:

Post a Comment