Monday, March 28, 2016

Research Blog #7

The main theory that I will be looking at throughout my research paper is how fraternity members feel the need to use alcohol to help them achieve a sense of masculinity.  Once a male enters into a fraternity, it seems like they all of a sudden feel a sense of entitlement and a greater sense of manliness.  I will be studying why this is the case.  The academic source that I think will be most important to this study will be the book "Guyland."  I think this because it is an actual study of men traveling from adolescence to adulthood.  The author interviews males from their late teens until their mid thirties.  This give him a wide range of people to study which is a good thing.  I will be able to see what males from each age bracket think and how they act.  With all this being said, I am looking forward to diving into this study and analyzing everything that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment